Find your new lease to own home in Romeoville
Romeoville is a village in Will County, Illinois. The population was 21,153 at the 2000 census. As of 2006 the population has grown to 36,837. It is located in the southwest suburban area of Chicago near the newly-constructed I-355 extension south from the Stevenson Expressway (I-55) to I-80.
- Romeoville was nicknamed "Stone City" because of its stone quarries.
- Romeoville limestone was used to build the Illinois State Capitol
- U.S. Route 66 ran through Romeoville.
- Home of the endangered species Hine's Emerald Dragonfly
- Home of the Chicago National Weather Service Forecast Office and its Doppler weather radar covering the Upper Midwest
- The Lemont Refinery (Citgo) is a major employer in the village. Originally named for nearby Lemont, the village annexed the refinery
Who are your neighbors?
As of the last census, there were 6,764 house holds out of which 43.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.8% were married couples living together, 10.1% had a female house holder with no husband present, and 20.4% were non-families. 15.1% of all house holds were made up of individuals and 2.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average house hold size was 2.99 and the average family size was 3.35.
If this sounds like the right place for your new home, check out our current listings in the area.